NCR Merchant Services
NCR CounterPoint for Automotive Aftermarket and Accessory Retailers
The automotive aftermarket industry needs the ability to sell and track profits for sales of merchandise and service. In addition, customer profile information is vital to successful marketing such as notifying a customer when it's time to buy new tires or letting the hobbyist know about the latest item for their particular make and model of vehicle. NCR CounterPoint's feature rich and flexible business software provides all of those capabilities and more. NCR CounterPoint gives you the functionality you need to own your data, see it the way you want to see it, and use to drive sales, understand customer sales trends, maximize purchasing dollars, and more efficiently run your business.
NCR CounterPoint includes a robust inventory management system, touchscreen point of sale (POS) ticket entry, built-in customer loyalty programs, automated purchasing and impressive reporting capabilities. Instant inventory updates let you know what's in stock, on order, and in transit. Track your customers, control your purchasing, retain detailed sales history, or open an online store-NCR CounterPoint includes everything you need to streamline your business and boost your bottom line.
- Credit Card Sales with EMV and Signature Capture/PIN Pad Technology
NCR CounterPoint easily supports point of sale signature capture for credit card authorization and invoice approval. Signatures are stored electronically with the transaction and can be printed at any time on invoices and statements. Worried about security? NCR CounterPoint is EMV certified!
- Fast and Easy Point of Sale Checkout
- Touchscreen interface allows you to quickly ring up sales, returns, orders, backorders, special orders and layaways. Or place the entire ticket on hold and print a price quote.
Choose from regular or touchscreen ticket entry. Up-sell related items with graphical customer displays. Zoom in on item and customer details. Accept deposits on orders and track them through receiving. Use Secure Pay with EMV Chip, or Mag-Stripe for lightning-fast credit card authorizations. Ring up sales offline at a sidewalk sale or offsite event. Issue a gift card or store credit.
- Fully Functional Mobile Business Solutions In Store or for Trade Shows
NCR CounterPoint can be run remotely on powerful Windows® Mobile Tablets from anywhere where there is wireless service, or fully integrated as standalone Point of Sale software.
- Up-To-The-Minute Inventory Control
- NCR CounterPoint manages your inventory and out-of-stock conditions which will maximize your profitability!
Your inventory picture is "up-to-the-minute." You'll know what's in-stock, on-order, and in-transit. Track merchandise movement through serial numbers, kits, and gridded items. Define multiple price levels and promotional prices. Use the built-in merchandising reports to analyze current levels, spot sales trends, and make better buying decisions. Track serial numbers, inventory grids, markdowns, substitute items, and location specific pricing.
- Automated Purchasing
- Easily place orders with your vendors. Not sure what you need? Let NCR CounterPoint calculate Model Stock levels and create PO's!
Automatically calculate and create restocking orders. Simplify reorders by copying historical sales into new purchase orders. Order and receive merchandise for multiple stores. Receive merchandise with or without a PO. Track backorders, RTVs, and customer-specific purchases. Voucher received PO's into your A/P system. Print item labels and barcodes on demand or automatically.
- Customer Loyalty
- Know who your customers are and what they're buying!
Print mailing labels for special promotions. Increase loyalty with frequent shopper programs, customer specific pricing, gift certificates, gift cards, and store credits.
- Integrated Ecommerce
- Connect your NCR CounterPoint system to an online store with NCROnline, our powerful and affordable web-hosting and website creation service!
Expand your business to the web with minimum effort and expense. Upload inventory, customers, and prices to your NCROnline store and download orders into NCR CounterPoint for fulfillment. Online inventory comes directly from NCR CounterPoint. Eliminate costly double entry - web orders are directly integrated into NCR CounterPoint. Search engine optimization and marketing tools to reach new customers.
- Reports Library
- An extensive library of built-in reports gives you all the information you need to run a profitable and successful business!
Access hundreds of built-in reports and journals. View current conditions as well as historical details. Modify parameters to analyze the data your way. Print Quick Reports from any LookUp. Powerful Merchandise Analysis Report and Sales Analysis by Group Report let you analyze your inventory in hundreds of different ways. Graphical management dashboard.
- Accounting Interface
Update financial statements and payables and exchange the data with accounting packages.
Define multiple price levels, markdowns, contract prices, quantity discounts, package prices, and location-specific pricing.
- Sales History
Retain, view, and report complete detail of every sale you make, or look at summaries and cross-analyses.
Car and Truck Accessory Retailer Testimonial - Cap World, Inc.
Adding to a smart business plan and an aggressive marketing strategy, Cap World's purchase of NCR CounterPoint Business Software has helped fuel their impressive growth. Prior to implementing NCR CounterPoint, Cap World's inventory was tracked manually using physical counts. An indisputable leader in the automotive accessory industry, Cap World has expanded to 14 locations, ranging from Massachusetts to Florida, during its 20 years of business
Ron Di Vincenzo, general manager, believes NCR CounterPoint has been a crucial element in their success. "NCR CounterPoint has allowed us to grow our business with critical information, on time and accurate. Handling our multiple locations could not be done with out it."
NCR CounterPoint is a vital aspect of their everyday operation, particularly when it comes to managing their multiple locations. Cap World runs Citrix — a server application for Wide Area Networks (WANs) — to connect all 14 locations to a single database at the home office. This allows real-time access to their data
Controller Jeff Bemis agrees. "We utilize the software extensively every day. Not only do the store managers use it to track sales, but accounting uses it to track open payables, un-invoiced receivings, gross profit margins, time cards, customer deposits, gift certificate liability, accounts receivable, and inventory balances. We are now using it more robustly in the area of purchasing. Since NCR CounterPoint houses sales, inventory, and accounts receivables, it is vital to our operations."
-General Manager | Cap World, Inc
NCR CounterPoint Features Beneficial to Automotive Aftermarket and and Accessory Retailers
- Ability to offer a full layaway program
- Data interchange allows vendor items and prices to be added/updated electronically
- Tax codes allow retailers to accommodate virtually any taxing scenario such as recreational vehicle tax
- Flexible reporting allows for analysis of inventory stock, sales, turns, profitability, and merchandising
- Special order capability allows tracking of Special Order items, from the customer order to receiving, allocating the inventory all the way through the process
- Serial number tracking provides a detailed record of each piece of merchandise, when it was received, what it cost, which customer purchased it, and when it was sold
- Kit processing allows inventory items, service, and warranties to be sold as a package
- Embedded loyalty programs allow retailers to reward frequent shoppers and encourage repeat business
- Full Accounts Receivable for large customers like dealerships that need to pay on account
- Built-in gift cards
- Calculate sales commissions for each item on the sales ticket based on either the sale amount or the gross profit
- Credit Card EMV Chip Capability for security or Mag-Stripe for fast authorizations during the holiday season